Dr. Dann C. Byck
Board-Certified Orthopaedic Surgeon
Dr. Byck was fellowship trained at Mississippi Sports Medicine Center in Jackson, MS. This fellowship is considered amongst the world's best in the fields of Sports Medicine, Arthroscopic and Reconstructive surgery of the shoulder, elbow and knee. Dr. Byck is a Master Instructor for the Arthroscopy Association of North America and has trained many orthopedic surgeons from all over the world. He has been practicing in Ogden since 2002 and enjoys mountain biking, skiing, and hiking along the Wasatch front.
Over the years, Dr. Byck has published in peer review journals and textbooks. He has lectured at regional and national meetings. But the most rewarding academic endeavor has been his association with the Arthroscopy Association of North America. Arthroscopy Association of North America is dedicated to education and at Arthroscopy Association of North America's courses and meetings Dr. Byck has instructed fellow orthopaedists at many courses on Shoulder, Elbow, Wrist and Knee injuries. In addition Dr. Byck was selected by Arthroscopy Association of North America as a Master Shoulder Instructor. This means that he lectures on, demonstrates and teaches cutting edge techniques in arthroscopic shoulder surgery to orthopedic surgeons at the Orthopedic Learning Center in Chicago.
Dr Byck's current research interests include pain reduction after surgery. He is investigating the use of simple to use electronic devices that have shown excellent results in Plastic Surgery for use in reducing post-operative pain in Orthopedic Surgery patients. Dr. Byck is also involved in research to develop programs used in industry to reduce workplace injuries and promote long-term wellness.
In Ogden, Dr. Byck's practice is primarily sports medicine with a focus on the arthroscopic treatment of injuries to the shoulder, elbow and knee. He is the director of the Utah Sports Medicine and Orthopedic Center as well as team MD for several local high schools in the region and the Utah Grizzlies Professional Hockey Team. Dr. Byck is very excited to bring state-of-the-art care to his patients in our new state-of-the-art Utah Orthopaedics office building.
- Undergraduate: American University, Washington, DC
- Medical: University of Louisville School of Medicine, Louisville, KY
- General Surgery Internship: University Hospital, Boston, MA
- Orthopedic Surgery Residency: Beth Israel/Kingsbrook Jewish Medical Center, New York City, NY
- Sports Medicine Fellowship: Mississippi Sports Medicine and Orthopedics, Jackson, MS
- Fellow, American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS)
- Active Member, Arthroscopy Association of North America (AANA)
- Fellow, American College of Sports Medicine
- Western Orthopaedic Association
- Utah Medical Association
- Board Member Utah State Orthopaedic Society
Dr. Dann Byck Slide and Ride Healthy Video Presentations -- As Seen On RSN (Real Sports Network)
Dann C. Byck, MD
Dr. Byck specializes in the treatment of a variety of orthopedic conditions and performs several orthopedic procedures including:
- Sports Medicine
- Arthroscopic and Reconstructive Surgery of the Shoulder, Elbow & Knee
- Download Dr. Dann Byck CV
Last Modified: June 1, 2012